Early morning fire quickly extinguished

Print Article

An early-morning chimney fire on Wednesday, Dec. 26 in Alberton was quickly extinguished by the Frenchtown Rural Fire Department with minimal damage to the home. All occupants and pets were safely evacuated. (Photo courtesy Frenchtown Rural Fire Department)

Frenchtown Rural Fire Department crews extinguished an early morning fire on Dec. 26 on Railroad Avenue in Alberton. The home belonged to Suzanne Turner and started around the chimney area. The flames were quickly knocked out with only minor damage to the chimney area with smoke damage in the attic.

All occupants and pets were able to evacuate safely and working smoke alarms were found in the home, according to the department’s Facebook post.

Print Article

Read More Local News

Icy driveway causes man’s death

January 17, 2019 at 9:59 am | Clark Fork Valley Press “Extremely icy road conditions” contributed to the death of a 71-year-old Plains man near the intersection of Highways 135 and 200 in Sanders County Sunday afternoon. Montana Highway Patrol report...

Comments

Read More

Council discusses sewage plans, repair needs for Old Jail

January 17, 2019 at 9:57 am | Lake County Leader Plains Mayor Dan Rowan reported on the status of grants related to upgrading the sewer plant and fortifying it against the encroaching Clark Fork River at the Jan. 7 Town Council meeting. Though t...

Comments

Read More

MDT seeks comments on project near Trout Creek

January 17, 2019 at 9:56 am | Lake County Leader TROUT CREEK — The Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) would like to notify the public and seek comments on a proposal to resurface about 16.8 miles of Montana Highway 200 (MT-200) southeast of...

Comments

Read More

Giant mule deer sheds

January 15, 2019 at 5:22 pm | Mineral Independent ...

Comments

Read More

Contact Us

(406) 826-3402
105 W. Lynch
P.O. Box 667
Plains, MT 59859

©2019 Clark Fork Valley Press | Mineral Independent Terms of Use Privacy Policy
X
X