Paradise home destroyed in blaze

Print Article

A house in Paradise went up in flames Tuesday, Aug. 21. Fire crews from Plains-Paradise Rural Fire Department and Plains City Fire Department as well as Plains Ambulance were all in attendance at the residence on the corner of Central Avenue and First Street.

Plains-Paradise Fire Chief James Russell said they knew the origin area of the structure fire to have begun on the second floor of the home.

“We know where it began, but we don’t know what was the cause just yet,” Russell said on the scene.

There were around 15 personnel and multiple emergency vehicles that attended the scene.

There were no injuries, and the owners of the home were not there when the fire broke out.

“It was very fortunate that the fire didn’t spread to neighboring homes. Our firefighters did a great job containing the fire within the property line,” added Russell of the morning’s efforts.

It is said that the damage was most largely seen within the structure, with most everything lost to the homeowners.

One of the owners of the house had commented on local social media page Sanders County 411, expressing the gratitude to people who had donated goods and clothing to the American Legion Hall in Paradise.

By social media posts, should anyone look to help the family who were also looking for rental accommodation, donations of clothing and such required could be taken to the American Legion Hall in Paradise.

Print Article

Read More Local News

Wild Horse Plains Car and Bike Show sparkles

September 12, 2018 at 11:26 am | Clark Fork Valley Press It was a sunny Saturday afternoon at the Clark Fork Valley Hospital car park as long term care residents along with plenty of locals turned out to the third annual Wild Horse Plains Car and Bike Sh...

Comments

Read More

St. Regis, Superior students receive safety gear

September 12, 2018 at 11:25 am | Mineral Independent More than 1,800 Montana high school students in construction trade and industry classes at 17 different schools will be that much safer this school year through Montana State Fund’s Growing a Safer...

Comments

Read More

T-Falls students inducted into NHS

September 12, 2018 at 11:25 am | Clark Fork Valley Press Twelve Thompson Falls High School students from grades 10 and 11 will be inducted into Blue Hawk Chapter of the National Honor Society during a formal ceremony on Monday, Sept. 17 at the high schoo...

Comments

Read More

New propane store opens in Superior

September 12, 2018 at 11:24 am | Mineral Independent A new Superior propane service company moved in just down the road from the longtime propane company company Energy Partners. The new business is Mineral Energy Co., and is owned by Energy Partners...

Comments

Read More

Contact Us

(406) 826-3402
105 W. Lynch
P.O. Box 667
Plains, MT 59859

©2018 Clark Fork Valley Press | Mineral Independent Terms of Use Privacy Policy
X
X