A house in Paradise went up in flames Tuesday, Aug. 21. Fire crews from Plains-Paradise Rural Fire Department and Plains City Fire Department as well as Plains Ambulance were all in attendance at the residence on the corner of Central Avenue and First Street.
Plains-Paradise Fire Chief James Russell said they knew the origin area of the structure fire to have begun on the second floor of the home.
“We know where it began, but we don’t know what was the cause just yet,” Russell said on the scene.
There were around 15 personnel and multiple emergency vehicles that attended the scene.
There were no injuries, and the owners of the home were not there when the fire broke out.
“It was very fortunate that the fire didn’t spread to neighboring homes. Our firefighters did a great job containing the fire within the property line,” added Russell of the morning’s efforts.
It is said that the damage was most largely seen within the structure, with most everything lost to the homeowners.
One of the owners of the house had commented on local social media page Sanders County 411, expressing the gratitude to people who had donated goods and clothing to the American Legion Hall in Paradise.
By social media posts, should anyone look to help the family who were also looking for rental accommodation, donations of clothing and such required could be taken to the American Legion Hall in Paradise.